Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Six AM in Edinburgh

How excited I was on my first trip to Europe in 1986. I had joined a small group of teachers and students, and we had experienced a tiny bit of London & Bath, England. Thursday night we left London on a train bound for Edinburgh and haggis and other delights of Scotland. Someone had procured a small bottle of wine, and after much ado the bottle was opened and paper cups materialized. All the adults received a bit more than a sniff as the train roared out of the city and across the inky landscape. Before dawn the train attendant knocked on our door and thrust a tray holding 2 cups of Hot coffee into my hand. Now, I’m awake, still lying on the bunk. Ruth clambered down from the upper bunk, took her coffee, and started down the hall. I elected to brush my teeth first using the lavatory in the compartment. All my toiletries and first aid supplies were in plastic bags so they were easy to find in the semi-dark. Shaking my head from the cobwebs, (maybe a little wine) I squeezed an ample amount of toothpaste on my brush. Only after 2 seconds did I realize, “Something’s wrong here!” I had brushed my teeth with Ben Gay!

At this Thanksgiving time, we can all find some reason to be happy.

Proverbs 17:22 - A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Margaret
http://www.inspirationalcreationsbymargi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment