Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trust

Photo by Curtis Hughes

Several years ago I thought of Indiana Jones standing on a narrow ledge looking across a chasm toward another granite mountainside. It was perhaps 20 feet across and no Tarzan rope in sight. As the movie continued, he threw a handful of pebbles into the abyss. Many fell far below, but some landed on an invisible bridge to the other side.

As I sat daydreaming, I felt the presence of my Lord. He extended his arms in an invitation to dance a waltz. I moved with him to music I did not hear. Then he stepped off the edge of the mountain into nothingness. I didn’t fall because he was holding me. Then I looked down. Imagine what I saw! Very large angels were holding large slabs of marble above their heads forming a large surface where I could feel secure. Of course, Jesus did not need anything. It was all for me!

It is incredible how Jesus leads us to safety in His arms. Otherwise, we would fall into the great abyss.

Psalm 25:5 - Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment