Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Friends

Click-

Welcome! My friends are here!
I hear their familiar voices;
I watch them as they walk, laugh, cuddle or fight.
I so look forward to their visits. Then-

Click-

Now they are gone for another week:
7 days, 6 days, 5 days, 4, 3, 2, 1.
Get ready- finish dinner- watch the clock.
My friends are coming-
But I don’t need to dress for them,
Prepare snacks for them,
Tidy up the house for them;
They really won’t notice.


Click-
Welcome! My friends are here!

In times past I had friends who came for longer visits, even for the weekend. We would talk together, get our meals together, cry over sad movies together. Now they have all gone away.

Click-
Welcome! My friends are here!
I hear their familiar voices. .


Hebrews 10:24-25 portions

And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together…but encouraging one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment